Mount Abu or Munnar? We help you decide
Wondering if you should head North or go South for your holiday? Read on to make up your mind.
With such magnificent mountain ranges like the Himalayas, Vindhyas, Nilgiris, and Aravalis, India boasts of many hill stations across the country. Most of them were created and set up during the British Raj, to act as summer retreats for them. These are now popular vacation spots for families and honeymooners.
Come summer, the most discussed topic in most households and families is, “Which hill station should we go to this summer: Kashmir or Kodaikanal? Mount Abu or Munnar?” While every hill station has its unique beauty and charm, almost each hill station is serviced by some of the best family resorts in India. Let’s look at the merits of going to Mount Abu and Munnar:
Mount Abu, the only hill station of Rajasthan, is known for its pleasant weather and vibrantly green surroundings. It is famous as the ‘oasis of the desert’, and it is home to some of the most gorgeous rivers, lakes, waterfalls, etc.
- The attractions in Mount Abu range from historical forts to ancient temples, and from tranquil lakes to pretty parks.
- You can enjoy the beautiful evenings by Nakki lake and Trevor’s Tank, and find peace in the majestic shrines of Adhar Devi Temple and Dilwara Temples.
- The Dilwara temples, in fact, are one of the most ancient and holiest shrines of the Jains.
- For the adventure-seekers, trekking around Mount Abu is a thrilling experience. There is a lot to fill the time of every kind of tourist. This makes Mount Abu a perfect family holiday destination.
- The icing on the cake is that Mount Abu has someof the best family resorts in India. Mount Abu is known for its hospitality.
Another breathtakingly beautiful and idyllic hill station in the South, is Munnar. With its vast expanses of tea estates, valleys and mountains, this place is a treat to the eyes and the soul.
- Filled with exotic species of flora and fauna in its sanctuaries and forests, its hidden trails sprinkled with panoramas of captivating waterfalls, sparkling rivulets and teeming birdlife offer a haven for wildlife enthusiasts and photographers.
- Those looking for leisure can drench themselves in the joy of walks along the tea gardens, or just sipping tea sitting by the window of their resort, watching the mountains.
- Munnar houses some of the best family resorts in Munnar. World class facilities and services combined with the serenity of the surroundings make for perfect family vacation spots. There are many places around Munnar that can be fun-filled day trips.
Are you still confused between Mount Abu or Munnar? Well, pick one for this year and visit the next in the coming year, because it is impossible to choose one and drop another. But which one will you pick first?
Many leading travel operators offer interesting hill station family packages, especially during summers. Plan a little ahead of time, and avail the best deals and also check for packages offered directly resorts.