A full-time job can make your life boring. Travelling is the only way to take a break from your boring life and make it a happening one. Weekends can make that happen and do not have to take any holiday from your work. Given below are some of the famous weekend getaways where you can go with your family and spend a quality time.
- Oxford: This city is famous for its Oxford University and is one of the oldest universities in England. The diverse and historic town lies 92 km to the West of London. Besides the Oxford University, it is also famous for its motor manufacturing, publishing and technology-based companies. If you are first time visitor, you must choose to stay at the Old Parsonage Hotel. This hotel is located in the heart of the city and has copious pubs and restaurants nearby. If you want to get an overview of Oxford city, you must visit the Carfax Tower. Some of the other famous points in Oxford are the University Church of St. Mary the Virgin and the St. Michael Northgate.
- Bath: in 1987, Bath hosted the first farmer’s market. This city was first founded by the Romans in 1st Century AD. They used to use the natural hot springs as a thermal spa which was later developed into an elegant spa city. No.15 Great Pulteney, situated on one of the most charming streets, is considered to the sophisticated boutique hotel for the first-time visitors to stay. The Olive tree restaurant not only provides the exotic seasonal menus of British cuisine but also an elegant, relaxed atmosphere perfect for dining. Shopping from the famous Thermae Bath Spa is a must as you only cannot miss the hot and mineral-rich spring waters.
- The Cotswolds: This city is declared as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty because of its rolling hills and sweeping meadows. If you are fond of great outdoors, then you must visit the cabin at Soho Farmhouse and chose to stay there. For a healthy meal, dine at the Lords of the Manor hotel. You can opt for outdoor activities which include cycling, fishing, horse riding and caravanning. Cotswolds is surrounded by pretty villages that have beautiful and admiring architecture. Every year both English and international visitors visit this outstanding countryside city.
- New forest: This place is famous for its nature spots and woodland walks. The country house hotel, Chewton Glen is a perfect place to stay if you are visiting this place for the first time. This place provides cheap tree house bedrooms, and you can get them quickly at dealvoucherz. You can also rejuvenate yourself after a day’s walking at the spa. Dine at the famous Lime Wood Hotel which offers a wide range of Italian –Inspired menu as well as a pretty conservatory setting. There are several things which you can do in New forest. Some of them include Pony hacking, Ringwood Brewery and Brockenhurst Riding. This place is considered as the perfect holiday destination in the UK.
- Brighton: This place is 60 minutes away from London. You can easily take a train ride and the nearest airport is the Gatwick Airport. The full name of this place is the city of Brighton and Hove. It is the home to one of the Britain’s oldest cinema, Duke of York’s cinema. The surrounding is cosy as well as theatre-esque. Visiting Brighton for the first time? Visit the seaside. A stroll along the pier with ice-cream in hand could be a perfect evening. Drake’s hotel is an ideal place to stay in Brighton as it offers a beautiful sea view as well as a free-standing bathtub.
- Scottish Highlands: the Scottish Highlands are something which is beyond imagination as it beautifully depicts culture, history, scenery and architecture. This weekend, plan your holiday and explore the stunning islands and enjoy the jaw-dropping view of this beautiful land. Some of the places include white sand of Lossiemouth beach, Dunvegan Castle as well as the Fort William. This place gives your perfect Instagram picture along with its photogenic spots. Situated deep in the highlands, the Craigellachie Hotel offers you a room at great deals and discount.