The Best Ski Resorts in Australia
There is no dearth of Ski Resorts in Australia. From the Perisher valley to New South Wales, there are several premiere ski resorts. If you are arriving from Canberra Airport or from Sydney, it will hardly take 3 -4 hours of travel time. In this post, we will take a look at some of the best ski resorts in Australia. Stay Tuned!
- Thredbo : – Located in the Snowy mountains of New South Wales, the Thredbo Alpine village is the perfect place for skiers and snowboarders. Doesn’t matter what skills the skies possess, the beginners, intermediate and advanced skiers will definitely have something for them at Thredbo.
- Perisher: – The Ski Resort located in the Southern hemisphere, it is also located in the Snowy Mountains. The skiable terrain is nearly 3000 hectares. If you have kids, they can certainly let the physical outburst at the Smiggins Holes, which is perfect for the beginner level.
- Charlotte Pass Snow Resort: – The noticeable thing about this resort is that it is the highest one in Australia. It receives tons of natural snow in the winter season and offers something for skiers of all levels.
- Selwyn Snow Resort: – The slopes for skiing are varied to suit the skills at all levels, however, the ski spot offers progressive terrains for the beginners. And do not worry if you do not like skiing, there are plenty of other options like the toboggan runs and snow tubing spots.
- Mount Hotham Alpine Resort: – With a long history of more than 125 years, the Mount Hotham Alpine Resort provides more than 320 hectares of ski terrain, suited to beginners, intermediates and advanced skiers. If you are coming from Melbourne, the driveway would take a total time of nearly 6 hours.
- Mount Buller: – It is a small Ski Resort which offers nearly 40 hectares of groomed runs. There are stunning accommodations available here at affordable costs. And again, doesn’t really matter whether you love skiing or not, there are plenty of ways to enjoy this place, one of which includes the live entertainment, dog sled tours and the toboggan rides
- Dinner Plain Alpine Resort: – If you are looking for cheap rates for a Ski resort, then Dinner Plain Alpine Resort is your best bet. There are no gate entry fees. A must thing to attend here is the Dinner Plain Dog Sled Challenge, where powerful dog teams compete with each other.
- Falls Creek Alpine Resort: – With more than 450 hectares of skiable terrain, there are more than 90 runs and 20 ski lifts. The difficult terrains accounts for more than 60% of skiable terrains.
Looking for attractive accommodations, discounts and travel packages to some of the best ski resorts in Australia. At SkiersPlanet, we have tie ups with the best of them. For more information about the Ski Resorts in Australia, you can visit our website at Skiersplanet.com