The perfect getaway from Mumbai: Sajan Nature Club
Looking to explore the great outdoors not too far from Mumbai? Try Sajan to come away spellbound.
Camping, sitting around a fire exchanging stories, going on treks and exploring the wilderness…an outdoor trip is balm for the harried soul. If you are based in Mumbai, you only have to drive for a couple of hours to Sajan to get the break you need.
Why go to Sajan on a short break?
Sajan is a little village in the Vikramgadh Taluka in Thane, Maharashtra. It is close to Palghar district and falls under the Konkan division. It is a charming little hamlet full of natural beauty, with many spaces being used as campsites and for outdoor adventure camps for both holidayers and school trips.
The village is close to Thane, located at about 68 km, and about 99 km from Mumbai. On a clear day with moderate traffic, you can drive to the site in under 3 hours from Mumbai. If you’re looking for a short break from Mumbai amid lush greenery and plenty of things to do at a luxury resort cum camping arena, then you should certainly head to this part of the woods, and specifically, to Sajan Nature Club.
What makes the Sajan Nature Club so special?
- The Sajan Nature Club is a huge 35-acre property thoughtfully and intuitively designed to provide guests with a charming stay amid wonderful scenery all around.
- It is closest to visitors from Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Nashik, Surat and Vapi. It is easily reachable by car.
- The property has several categories of rooms to choose from: Tree top room, Cocoon Room, Warli Huts, AC and non-AC tents, dormitories and Nature Break without Room. You can discuss your preferences with the Club and get recommendations on which room is best suited to your needs when you visit. Many Sajan Nature Club reviews urge you to book the AC Tree Top rooms, which are the most popular.
- Apart from the luxurious accommodation, you can look forward to activities like camping in the outdoors at the site, playing indoor games, swimming in the pool and enjoying delicious food prepared here.
- Those looking for outdoor adventure can look forward to these activities: Burma Bridge, night trek, Tarzan swing, valley crossing, sky walk, private camp fire, treasure hunt, traditional dance and morning walk. However, do check their availability as per the season.
Why staying in the great outdoors is good for you
Human beings are hard wired to live in nature. You feel yourself relaxing when you are out in an open green space, breathing in fresh air free of toxins, and in relative quietness.
An outdoor holiday calms your nerves and reduces anxiety. The sounds of birds and other animals, the gurgling rivers or streams close by, and the silence can reduce elevated blood pressure, lower anxiety and stress, improve blood oxygenation and mental alertness, and positively impact your metabolic and digestive processes.
Living in the outdoors with other like-minded individuals helps you discover new friends and shared interests while you are all out together.